Provides legal services to low income seniors living in the community in their own homes or in group living arrangements such as retirement homes, boarding homes and long term care facilities.
- Providing information on legal rights
- Assistance in dealing with government offices
- Representation in court and before legal tribunals
- Consulting with lawyers and organizations representing older clients with legal problems
- Delivering workshops and public legal education programs for seniors’ organizations, health and social services providers, and other groups interested in seniors’ issues
Does not prepare wills or power of attorney documents or give advice on estate administration, real estate, criminal law or family law matters.